Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow in the nation's capital

Hi Folks,

Yeah, we had a little bit of snow overnight. Guess you can't say much for it compared to last year.

The neighborhood kids with whom I played soccer earlier in the fall came by to shovel the steps and the driveway. For $5 they cleared the steps, swept the car, and salted everything. I can't believe it!

I think when my brother C and I were kids we used to get $5 for the driveway and sidewalk.

These kids are Latinos, though, so perhaps they're used to less!

Either way, it's good to see kids getting out and doing something to earn a bit of money.....

I was so happy to give them $5. I even went out with them to solicit other business. I think I'm still wearing my Dad's jump boots.....but he doesn't know what he's getting for Christmas.

Hope everyone has a good Holiday season!

Love and Peace to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment