Thursday, January 6, 2011

Homeless man with a radio voice

Hi Folks,

Many people who might or might not read this blog may or may not remember when baseball was mostly on the radio....before cable TV brought us live games from every state in the nation. We followed our teams through the season, into the playoffs, and hopefully into the World Series. In itself, the World Series has been decried by some as a misnomer, because it only includes teams from the USA and Canada.

The World Cup of Football (Soccer), on the other hand, seems to be more inclusive. Maybe the reason why, as I've grown up over the years, and lived in a lot of places where baseball is non-existent, that I like the beautiful game more than the game I was raised on. My dad tells me that he hit a home run once as a young player. I never did. Never scored a goal, either, because I mostly played goalie and defense. Or I just never got myself in the right place at the right time.

There is a guy, Ted Williams is his name, who was in the right place at the right time....

He has a radio announcer's voice, and was homeless....he will now be a millionaire. Someone gave him a chance to get back to his true calling--good voice on the radio.

Ironically, Ted Williams is also the name of one of baseball's greatest hitters in history. I believe he averaged a career batting average of around .400....this means that nearly half of the time he went to bat, he got a hit. I only pitched one season, and I sucked, but I don't think many other pitchers would have done better against Ted Williams.

Look at this new Ted Williams....the black homeless guy with the radio voice. He's batting 1000 now (that means that he gets a hit every time he bats). Second chances are great. I guess that is part of God's plan. St. Peter got three chances....it seems he blew them. I hope we don't.


Love and Peace to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment